Are you an online marketer looking to improve your on page SEO skills? Are you an online marketer who has no clue what it even is? Yes, everyone knows Search Engine Optimization is the art of optimizing your web page’s content to make it more search engine oriented and make your page get higher results page placements for your chosen keywords. But what everyone else might not know is the fact that SEO is divided into two major categories, namely On Page and Off Page. If you haven’t already guessed it by the title, in this article, we’ll be enlightening you on of one of the major divisions of SEO. Don’t look any further because we’ve got all the information you need right here for you. Just scroll down and let us help you figure out what OnPage SEO really is and what it’s all about.
What is On Page SEO?
On Page SEO is quite self-explanatory in nature, to be honest. This division of SEO is the process of optimizing your page to make it easier for search engines, like Google and Yahoo!, to find and display at the top of their results. You can optimize anything on your page; from its texts, URL structure, subject headers, images, etc. Anything you can find on your page you can edit and optimize for search engines.
Integral Factors that Makes Up On Page SEO
It is always important to know what things are made of, and link building has a lot of important components that make it what it is. Listed below are the factors that greatly affect the success of using On Page SEO.
- Proper Post Title – Using your keywords in your post titles is important because it lets everyone know what your post is about, including the users and search engines.
- ALT Tags – Image descriptions are also important when creating web content. Alternate text when images in your page aren’t loading must also contain your keywords.
- URL structure – Creating a URL that contains your keywords helps your results page exposure.
- Meta Description Tag – Extremely important in gaining user traffic from the search engine results pages. Meta description tags lets users know if your page has the information they need.
- Keyword Density – Getting the right percentage of keyword density is very important. Put too little and you might not get enough hits; put too many keywords and search engines might see page’s content to be sub-par.
- XML sitemap – It is either a visual/textually built model of a website’s content which allows users to make their way through the site’s contents to find the info they are looking for.
- Proper Content – Content has never been more important than it is today. With so many users and search engines prioritizing high quality content over low quality, keyword saturated pages, making sure that your content is unique and interesting is a must.
- Internal Linking Strategy – Your page’s related articles must be properly interlinked within your website to help increase online traffic for your site.
- Proper HTML and CSS validation – HTML and CSS validation is important to make sure that your web pages are free of errors, and to make sure that each page follows the standards set by W3 Consortium. It also improves your content’s browser compatibility and search engine visibility.
- Title Tags – Title tags tell search engines what your page is about. It is the most important part of SEO behind content.
Why is On Page SEO important?
To conclude, this strategy is important to SEO because it helps webmasters to properly create content that will attract attention from both users and search engines alike. The more your pages get noticed for the right reasons mean that you get more traffic on your site. The more traffic you get in your sites, the more people want to invest and advertise on your pages. With the proper usage of On Page SEO, success in the online markets will be easier to attain.